Crushed Caramel has nominated me for the Liebster Award. I must admit that I’m not all that familiar with it, or how it works; but it seems pretty straight-forward. So, I’ll make an attempt, and try not to screw it up.
Here are the 11 questions I’ve been asked:
1. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE TYPE OF CANDY OR SWEETIE?
I suppose I would have to say Skittles. A favorite seems to depend on my mood, but Skittles are never out of mood territory.
2. WHO OR WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO START A BLOG SITE?
I guess that it’s the fact that there is such a thing AS a blog. My blogging history is somewhat erratic. I have the personal, private ones; but, I also have this one, which is fairly new, and still trying to figure out what it’s supposed to be.
3. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN BULLIED?
For sure. Growing up as a gay teenager in the 70s AND in the Bible Belt of the good ole USA made it virtually impossible not to be. As a kid it’s hard to stave it off, but as an adult I’ve learned how to deal with it and fight back.
4. WHICH IS THE BEST WAY TO TRAVEL – BOAT, PLANE, WHEELS? WHERE WOULD YOU GO? (SORRY I KNOW THAT IS TWO QUESTIONS)
I’m peripatetic by nature. But, longer travel dictates some faster mode. I’m not a fan of planes. More for claustrophobic reasons. I suppose it would be car. You’re more in control and it’s better for sight-seeing along the way.
5. HOW DO YOU VIEW PEOPLE WHO CHEAT IN MONOPOLY?
I’m not really sure how you cheat in Monopoly, unless you have loaded dice, or steal money from the bank when nobody is looking. Anyway, they’re cads.
6. DO YOU PREFER POEMS THAT RHYME? (IF THIS IS TOO CONTROVERSIAL A QUESTION – YOU COULD SHARE YOUR FAVOURITE HOUSE-KEEPING TIP INSTEAD)
I like the euphonious rhyme, but I also like the non-rhyming freeform. Rhyme makes you look clever. Non-rhyming can confuse people and make you look smarter than you really are.
8. FANCY DRESS PARTIES – WHAT HAVE YOU DRESSED UP AS?
I’m not really familiar with fancy dress parties. I’m from Arkansas.
9. WHICH SONGS WOULD YOU SING IN THE SHOWER WHEN YOU THINK NOBODY CAN HEAR?
Roxanne by The Police
10. IS ANYONE ELSE IN YOUR FAMILY A BLOGGER OR VLOGGER?
I have a cousin who has a photography blog. Everyone else is like, “What’s a blog”? They’re still living the decemnovenarian life. Luddites!
11. DO YOU BELIEVE IN THE MAGIC BIN FAIRY (WHO COMES IN THE NIGHT AND EMPTIES YOUR BINS MIRACULOUSLY WHILE YOU ARE SLEEPING AND WIPES ALL THE SPILLS ON THE BIN AND ON THE WALLS AND FLOOR AROUND IT)??? OR ARE THERE MEMBERS OF YOUR HOUSE-HOLD WHO BELIEVE IN THE MAGIC BIN FAIRY?TRAVEL – BOAT, PLANE, WHEELS? WHERE WOULD YOU GO? (SORRY I KNOW THAT IS TWO QUESTIONS)
Well, I do all that stuff, and I’m gay, so I guess yeah, I believe.
Well, that was cathartic. I’m supposed to nominate 11 other people, but I haven’t really been around long enough (in this blogger biosphere) to even know 11 people. I am going to do that in another post at a different time. I hope that’s acceptable.
Anyway, thanks to Crushed Caramel for being a dear and thinking of me.
I know I didn’t follow the official rules, but I’m kind of an unofficial type of guy.